Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Nationals Update - Late & Lame

Well it has nearly been a month since my last post and much has transpired. I got my ass kicked on the Nationals Ice Course. Since then things have looked up and training has been going well in prep for Belgium. I raced the B's at Nationals and had I known Saturday was going to be such a treacherous ordeal, I'd of went harder and been one of the top finishers. Ended up 15th in the B's. trying to save myself for Saturday. Had I only known...

The Saturday Master's 35-39 race was in epic conditions that included deep frozen ruts, blinding snow, and frigid temps. Although I'd been saying I wanted conditions like that, I could have done without the frozen ruts. I started at the very back and made up a lot of places on the start, but after a few near crashes and bobbles, the confidence went out the window and I fell back. I never got lapped but still got pulled and ended up in 60th or something ridiculous. Both days I got pipped at the line by the same ProPeloton rider, don't remember his name, just another Boulder guy. Enough about that, got bigger fish to fry. The first of which was changing my damn seatpost so I wasn't in a TT position. Geez that nearly killed me out there in the ice, felt I had not control. When I put a seatpost with setback on it is a world of difference, even with the added weigt. I went from a Thomson Masterpiece (chopped) to a stock Ritchey, but now I wouldn't trade it.
See the pics of the mayhem.
Looks fun, huh?
kB from the Pits
The Starting Ditch

Ice Boulders abound


Frozen Tundra polished off nice on Top
The Ditch of Death
Tight Off-camber
The Day After...

1 comment:

ScottyD said...

don't feel bad. Try suffering the humiliation of going from a front row call up to rolling around on the ground like you've never been on a bike......................>>>>Next Year!!!!!!!!