Friday, January 11, 2008

T-Minus 5 days and Counting- Breathe

Holy Sheetz! The days are whizzing by like telephone poles on a roadtrip. I have 5 billion things to do before lift-off and not getting crap done. Right now work is sweating me bigtime, it feels like a wrestling match where you're being pinned and they guy is squeezing the breath out of you and you're just waiting for the slap on the mat. Or maybe better when a wave is holding you down,washing machine style, you can see the light of the surface but you can't yet take a breath. Just too much to do before I even think about packing, working day and night, but the end is near. My bike is still a wreck from last weekend, gave it a quick bath, but it's lookin' ugly and muddy. Need to clean it up pristene, pickup a new chain, ....blah blah blah the list goes on.

My UCI license finally arrived and the foreign permission letters, so now just have to get a photo affixed and laminate. Another menial task to take up some of my scarce minutes. The grandma is coming to stay and watch the kiddos while were gone, so that is making the whole trip possible. Just have to get through another 2 days of work, and take a huge breath before the next wave pushes me under, packing. I can see the light.

No comments: