Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Nationals Course Preview = Boulevard Cup

Sunday's Boulevard Cup will be a big race and riders are expected to descend on KC from all over the country. They want to feel first hand how bad its going to hurt come mid-December on the Nationals course. The word on the street is it will hurt bad. It always hurts, it just depends where and how much. I've raced in this park several times, but Bill has changed it up some and I'm looking forward to getting a true preview on the Nationals course. There are double sets of stairs (railroad ties) added back to back stylie, a large sandpit, and of course enough road to help make up some time, I'll need it. This is a great opportunity to a sneak peak and actually race on the course early. Not that it will give me a big advantage over the likes of Andy Jacques-Maynes, but I can use all the help I can get. Saturday is the 2nd race of the DeStad Cyclocross van Kansas series which will be in Topeka, then back to KC for the Bully cup on Sunday. I'll take some pics and post a good race report on the course after I've felt its wrath.

No comments: