Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Day Double

The weather has finally turned to winter. Snow and temps in the 20’s, yowzers. Out here in rural northern Missouri, the roads aren’t that safe, so I rode around until I found the ultimate training spot, the country club golf course!! Hopped the gate and got to it. What a great place to ride! In the interest of not getting into too much trouble if I got caught, I stayed close to the cart path on the grass or gravel trail. Rode for about an hour in the spitting snow then headed back to the house, by the time I got home my feet and ears were frozen. It took hours for the toes to come around even after a hot shower. Ate like a champ and of course the Thanksgiving post-meal coma set in hard. Took a 2.5 hour nap, holy crap… that never happens. Woke up about 4:30 and thought, “hmmm, maybe I should go for another ride?”. Geared up and headed in a different direction this time. It was starting to get dark so I steered to one of the nearby dirt roads that led to a conservation area. It was actually a nice ride with lots of up and down. I went by this big group of cows and then they started pacing me down the fence for a long way. The whole bunch of 30 of them, running next to me on the road was kinda funny. I had to stop and take a pic… eyes in the dark. Got chased by one dog , it was hard to tell how close it got, but I just stayed on the gas and he never got my leg so guess not too close.



The Fields Have Eyes

No comments: