Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Cross Season is here

Well today the rain finally fell and the temps dropped into the 60's. Oh how I've been longing for this weather, cloudy and cool. This morning I was able to get out in the pouring rain for a quick 25 minute run and that was nice with the little one. Although she stayed dry in the Chariot, I endured the downpour. I just sold my 2007 Trek XO2 so thought I'd take her out for one last spin on the brewpub road ride tonight. Will be exchanging it for some duckets tomorrow so wanted to keep it somewhat clean ready for delivery. I got lots of comments tonight like "It looks like you're ready for cross" or "Do you race cyclocross?", duh you fools. Cyclocross is eminating from my very soul each and every day, so my response was always a pleasant "Yes" with a shit-eating grin on my face. The first real race isn't for a couple weeks so all I can do is prepare and prepare and prepare. Got in an easy 30 miles and looking forward to the final cross clinic tommorow night.

No comments: